Monday, October 24, 2011

Yea, I sing in the grocery store. So what?

For those who know me, you know I'm not against busting out in song just about anywhere I go.  And those who have worked camps with me know that sometimes I just make up songs to sing.  It's part of what makes me unique.  And it's how I try to make life more fun.  I realize that I don't have the best singing voice in the world, but that doesn't stop me.  I get songs stuck in my head and the only way for them to get out is for me to sing.  I may be in my car, I may be in the shower, I may be in the grocery store, it doesn't matter.  I'm singing.  Yet, for some reason, people seem to think this is odd behavior.  I get weird looks from people all the time when I sing in public.  Now, I'm not belting out songs at the top of my lungs, mostly it's just softly under my breath (except in my car, of course).  But people seem to find this odd.  Am I bothering them?  Am I ruining their shopping experience with my dulcet tones?  Really I'm just trying to make my experience more enjoyable.  And none of my campers have ever complained about my singing.  Well, they haven't complained a lot.  Perhaps I'm the only one who does this.  Maybe others keep their singing prowess to themselves.  If that's the case, I challenge you all to let loose, have fun, and sing a little throughout the day.  It's fun, trust me.  Don't confine yourselves to karaoke nights.  Let your inner Whitney Houston out.  And if people give you weird looks, just look at them and say, "Try it, it's fun." 

No comments:

Post a Comment