Sunday, October 16, 2011

Where did you learn to drive?!

I've been living in Arizona for 12 years now, which means I've had to put up with Arizona drivers for that long.  I learned to drive in California, and I've heard all the complaints about drivers out there.  But, in my mind, those complaints are coming from people who were not properly taught in this state.  I mean, the licenses don't expire for 60 years!  So here are my biggest pet peeves about Arizona drivers.

1. Accelerate through your turns!  It drives me nuts when I'm behind someone who is riding their brakes all the way through a turn.  Or even worse, someone who comes almost to a complete stop before making the turn.  It is proper practice to slowly accelerate as you drive through the turn.  Likewise, you should also accelerate as you enter a freeway, but that doesn't bother me as much.

2. Understand the right of way rules!  When you pull to a four way stop first, you have the right of way!  If another person pulls up ten seconds after you, you don't have to wait for them just because they are to the right.  You got there first!  There's a difference between being polite and being annoying.

3.  Stay out of my blind spot!  Drivers out here seem to have a habit of hanging out in my blind spot as they drive next to me.  Word to the wise, that's not a good place to be.  The other driver can't see you there, that's why it's called a blind spot. 

Those are my top three.  Spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment