Sunday, October 30, 2011

Top 10 Obscure Halloween Costumes that I Dream of Pulling Off

As Halloween approaches there is a lot of talk about costumes.  Many people try to come up with creative costumes to show off to their friends.  I'm no different.  I am always thinking of clever costumes that others have most likely never seen before.  Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes I'm not.  Past costumes of mine have ranged from Jack Nicholson to Nemo to Flavor Flav (before Flavor of Love).  But there are some costumes that I haven't pulled off yet.  Here is my top ten:

10. Denver, the last dinosaur - a cartoon classic from the late 80s/early 90s, he's your friend and a whole lot more
9. The Great Pumpkin, or Charlie Brown's ghost costume - Since no one actually knows what the Great Pumpkin looks like, that might be hard to pull off, but the Charlie Brown ghost would be easy to pull off.

8. Madame Leota from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion - because I think it would be cool

7. Norm from Cheers, complete with bar and stool; although, most people would say I'm more like Cliff, either one would do

6. Mark Twain - I'm sure it's been done before, but how often have you seen it?

5. Tron - this one is probably less obscure now that the new movie came out, but I still think it would be cool.

4. One of the Gummi Bears, the cartoon version, not the candy - bouncing here and there and everywhere

3. Secret Squirrel - Enough said
2. The DNA guy from Jurassic Park

And, finally, the cream of the crop, the holy grail of Halloween costumes, at least in my opinion.
1. Grape Ape - yes, that's right, Grape Ape is my number one

 As you can tell I'm a big fan of cartoon characters.  They just seem to make great costume ideas.  And I left other classics such as Huckleberry Hound and Quick Draw McGraw off this list.  But hopefully I've inspired you to search for your own obscure costumes for future reference.  Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment